Hello, sorry for the lack of updates, but Beck’s been quiet. But there’s a few new things to note here.
1. “Timebomb”–a song Beck has played live a few times–will be a digital single soon, according to the .com. No word on when exactly, or where (probably iTunes, as Beck’s album covers are all over iPod commercials). Hopefully there will be b-sides! “Timebomb” is a fun song. There will also apparently be a 12″ vinyl version too.
2. So for a while we’ve heard about the Deluxe 10th Anniversary version of Odelay. It has not happened, and it has been 11 years since Odelay was released. But I’m told that Odeluxe is still being worked on, and a release is still planned. Stay optimistic! (There’s also plans for another deluxe version of an older album, but I can’t tell you which one quite yet!)
3. Beck recently put up a nice tribute to Jeremy Blake on .com, and promises a tribute to Ingmar Bergman soon. I guess there is a reason to go to beck.com now! Keep using the site for things, Beck.
4. Beck’s been in and out of the studio for the last few months, doing different things. I posted about some of them before on here. It is still, as usual, up in the air what will come out and when.
5. Also Beck’s band has released an album (Beck’s not on it). They’re called Wounded Cougar, and you need the record. Even if you are not interested in hard rockin’ facemeltin’ heavy metal, you probably do want to support a bunch of amazing musicians putting out their own records completely independently. Go to their myspace for info on how to get the record.